Sling Care & Use
Flexibility, weight, strength, and non-marring properties make synthetic slings the most sought after slings for contractors and riggers alike! Because of these inherent features, extreme caution as to selection, care and general use must be exercised. Observe all pertinent instruction provided by OSHA and ASME. Adhere to manufacturers warnings, recommendations, and guidelines.
FAILURE TO DO SO COULD RESULT IN INJURY OR DEATH!
Unaffected by grease or oils, plus having a good resistance to chemicals such as ethers, alkalis, and alcohols, the nylon sling is the most widely used and best general purpose sling today. Refer to “Guide Only” and contact manufacturer for additional information.
Selection / Considerations:
- Determine the load of lift. Sling selection must be within the work load limits and proper hitches.
- Adequate sling length must be established for proper sling to load angle consideration. (See sling efficiency chart)
- Balanced load control not only is essential but critical in preventing slippage and maintaining center of gravity load control!
- Prior to making lift, calculate and experiment with any sling movement. Failure to balance or control the load will result in damage, injury or death!
- Refer to environmental chart for proper material selection or contact manufacturer for proper use.
- Always use wear pads or sleeves to further protect and promote increased sling life.
Care and Use:
- Inspect daily before each use.
- Do not drag or pull sling from under load.
- Keep dry and store inside on racks.
- Do not shorten by tying knots, or twisting.
- Never use when temperatures are -40° F or exceed 194° F.
- Stand clear of load at all times.
- Avoid shock loading.
- ID tag must be legible for proper work load limits.
- Consult manufacturer for more information.
Seller / manufacturer warrants that its products are free from defects in material and workmanship. Any products found to be defective will be repaired or replaced free of any charges. Our Internal Trace-ability Program allows for full detection and detailed information on all manufactured and assembled products. The exclusive “TRU-Tough” sling ID is guaranteed for 2 years based on normal usage. See Limited Warranty /Guarantee safety sheet for exclusions and details.
The seller is not liable for damages or injury, which may result from misuse, abuse, or alterations of our products, nor do we accept or assume any liability resulting from usage in excess of our recommended work load limits. (See WARNINGS in products catalog).
All ratings show are based on new products and when used under normal conditions. Working load limits always apply to straight line 90 degree pull. Always avoid shock loads or extreme angle picks. Do NOT exceed Work Load Limits! Read all operating instructions and warnings carefully!
It is the owner and users responsibility to determine the proper use of our products. Check all industry, trade association, federal, state, or local regulations as indicated in our products catalog. Always inspect lifting products on a regular basis and prior to each use. Any worn, cut, or deformed items must immediately be replaced!