How To Select & Order Slings
HOW TO ORDER NYLON AND POLYESTER SLINGS
- Determine type of webbing
- Determine sling width
- Select sling type
- State number of plys
- Indicate sling length
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SLING
- Determine the load of lift. Sling selection must be within the work load limits and proper hitches.
- Adequate sling length must be established for proper sling to load angle consideration. (See sling efficiency chart).
- Balanced load control not only is essential but critical in preventing slippage and maintaining center of gravity load control!
- Prior to making lift, calculate and experiment with any sling movement. Failure to balance or control the load will result in damage, injury or death!
- Refer to environmental chart for proper material selection or contact manufacturer for proper use.
- Always use wear pads or sleeves to further protect and promote increased sling life.
To help extend the life of your Nylon/Polyester Sling read our Sling Care & Useage guidelines.Read More